I came here this morning to finish up the second part of “Hasty Attack” a Steel Beasts Pro mission I had done. I deleted the folder and emptied the recycle bin with all the screenshots and text I had written up. I even downloaded some recovery software to find the images which I had spent some time editing. However trawling through several thousand images in no particular order ended up being a futile attempt and a waste of my time. This was going to be my first full AAR written in the style of a story. I felt it was going really well and was looking forward to sharing it.
I could replay the mission and do it all again and I probably will but right now I have got other things in the pipeline such as DCS SU-33 which has had a huge update. Which includes a professional flight model and lots of other features. Such as:
- More detailed and accurate simulation of the wing control surfaces that include the
leading and trailing edge flaps and the differential ailerons. In addition to the conventional differential stabilizers, canard behavior has also been improved for more realistic behavior. The Flight Control System (FCS) will automatically reconfigure itself depending on the flight mode.
- The adaptations that make the Su-33 aircraft carrier-capable have been updated and improved to include the wing-fold mechanism, reinforced landing gear struts, and the inclusion of high-gain nose wheel steering for use on crowded carrier decks.
- The physical mechanisms by which the arrestor hook engages the aircraft carrier arrestor wire has been greatly improved. Correct physics have been applied to the arrestor wire and its’ interaction with the aircraft.
- The engines now have a “special mode” that adds up to 12,800 kg of thrust (instead of the normal 12,500 kg of thrust). This mode also includes realistic operating time restrictions.
- A new FCS mode used when aerial refueling has also been implemented. When in this mode and the control stick is released, the aircraft will automatically maintain level flight. This FCS mode allows fine-control and thus making it easier to make contact with the tanker within a pitch range of plus or minus 5 degrees and of a roll angle of plus or minus 10 degrees.
- The Auto-Thrust Control (ATC) is used for automatic speed holding and can be fine-tuned with a set speed switch. This can be useful with landing on the carrier.
- The automatic collision avoidance system (“Uvod” mode) is now included and allows safe nap-of-the-earth flying.